Friday, January 08, 2010

The last three days

The last three days I've been focusing on getting more of the ornaments done - since I only accomplished most of the front sides I was concentrating mostly on the back. I guess I wanted to make it look less bare. I still have a lot to do - once the two coats are on there is touch-ups and what-not. All the fun stuff which requires a ton more focus, more than I'm already having to do. I don't mind, although I probably will be touching up the touch-ups knowing me. LOL.

The mice in the wreaths are coming along great. I love the ones with the gold ribbon - I really think it helps them stand out more. These are harder to do which of course means one wrong move and I made a mistake. That's happened quite a few times. LOL. Just need to get those holly berries finished being painted.

Now these mice took some figuring out. I couldn't figure out what color to make their ears and front part of their face so inspiration from Tom & Jerry helped me manage a color that makes these mice look really adorable. I think I pulled it off quite well, but the real thanks goes to my dear husband who had the idea to watch Tom & Jerry to figure this dilemma out. I still need to work on coloring the snow - I'm trying to figure out a light blue/white that would make it look good but not stick out too much, just enough. That's last on my list though. Well second to the last since fixing my mistakes always come next. I never do mind.

It's sad but this one has proven to be more hassle to me although it's the SIMPLEST it gets. You'd think I couldn't mess up on this but you would be wrong. I have a feeling of all the ones I work on this one is going to take me a while to feel like I got it right. I think all the white makes it seem more like a blah ornament, but we'll see if in the next day or two I can make it fit my taste.

These wreaths are pretty easy to explain - fix my many mistakes. LOL. These came along "decent" but it is hard to not make mistakes unless you have a very steady hand and fine eye. I have neither but it's alright since I can still make it look wonderful in the end.

The trees got the rest of their ornaments painted both front and back. All left needing to be done is fixing where the ornament ends and the tree begins. Then I'm going to lightly paint pearl finish on them - thanks to my husbands idea - which seems to give it this neat silver glow to it. You'll have to wait and see :)

Teddy bear and Santa have been started the last two days. They're not too hard to work on, but the angles to provide an extra challenge. I'm more satisfied with the progress of these than any other, but they do look extra adorable. The teddy bear was worked on prior - probably 4 years ago when I only did some brown on his body so that needed fixed up as well.

These bears are a work in progress, thanks to my husband. He did two coats on the back of them so they'll be worked on by me soon. He's been trying to be a great husband (which he is) and join in helping me out or painting along side of me which is nice. Makes it so much smoother (and funner) with him around!

Once all these are done I get to start trying out my spray-on sealer. It should be interesting! I'm just hoping they will all look nice by the time they're done. I'm confident they will though. I'm excited to see the end results.


Link within

Related Posts with Thumbnails