CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 04, 2010

First craft blog *Imported from another blog*






This blog's main purpose is to get me motivated to do the thing I once loved - crafts. I used to do a lot of different things but found myself getting too "busy" over the years to focus on what I liked doing as well. I won't say I'm the best, but I aim to do as well as I can. I'm interested in a lot of crafts/arts - painting ornaments, painting walls (along with color coordinating), crocheting, cross-stiching, and a few dozen other things I'm interested in trying. I've had closets of crafts I've always wanted to finish and here is my chance! This is my hobby and love.

My goal lately is to finish these bisque ornaments. The majority of these pictures were painted today. Yesterday half of the wreaths were painted as well as the trees. As you can see I have a long way to go to get done and this isn't even 1/6th of my bisque ornament collection! I have a lot to fix - hard to paint small items so delicately without error. One single movement or interruption causes me to accidentally knick another part of the ornament and of course bisque dries way too quickly.

I'm a SAHM who doesn't want to teach my son to give up on what he loves. I honestly hope someday to start selling crafts on the side, whether it be on etsy.com or in craft fairs. I have always dreamed of making some extra money doing what I love as hobbies so here is my chance. One step at a time.

0 comments:

Link within

Related Posts with Thumbnails